If you’re short on time and want a great body without having to spend hours working out, then kettlebells should be part of your training routine. Here are eight reasons why kettlebells rule:
- KBs work your entire body: upper body (arms, shoulders, upper back), mid-body “core” (lower back, and abdominals and obliques), lower body (glutes, hamstrings, and quads).
- They work your heart and lungs and improve cardiovascular conditioning. You can do swings and snatches for high rep counts (10, 20, 30, …) or timed sets.
- They don’t require much time (20-30 minutes, 3-5 sessions per week) or space (a 5×5 foot area) or equipment (a 35lb. KB for men or a 25lb. KB for women) to get in a results producing workout.
- You can do variety of exercises: squats, presses, swings, cleans, snatches, windmills, get-ups; the list goes on.
- They improve these fitness attributes: strength, power, endurance, coordination, and explosiveness.
- You will increase flexibility and range of motion in your shoulders and hamstrings.
- KBs involve dynamic exercises that improve your coordination and spatial awareness.
- They develop both your aerobic and anaerobic energy systems.
Do you want these fitness benefits? If you live in San Francisco, contact us to Learn How Use Kettlebells Safely.